Can rabbits eat sunflower seeds?

kuntrygirl

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Opelousas, Louisiana
I was out late last night in my feed storage building filling up buckets to take to the feeders for all of my animals and I had prepared a bucket of rabbit pellets for my rabbits. Well, I set a scoop of BOSS (sunflower seeds for my chickens) in the bucket with the rabbits to get it out of the way. When I went to pick up the scoop of sunflower seeds, it fell out of my hand into the bucket of rabbit pellets. I was so mad.
he.gif
So, my question is....... can rabbits eat sunflower seeds (hull and seed) or do I have to pick out every single sunflower seed out of the bucket of rabbit pellets because they can't eat sunflower seeds?

Last edited:
It won't hurt them, i have tame rabbits running loose around my place and they eat them as well as other scratch i give as treats my flocks.
DSC03585.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Your rabbits are beautiful! Beautiful pic!!! Your rabbits run loose? Please tell me more. How does that work? Just last night one of my relatives was telling me that I should let my rabbits run lose around he yard. I was like, "yea, oooooooook". What kind of area are they in? Do you lock them up at night?
pop.gif

Yes sunflower seeds are fine, but they're very fattening
lau.gif

Your rabbits will like them, just don't make it a daily part

of their food. If you look at some of the Lower-quality rabbit

food diets at the petstore, you'll notice some of them have

bits of seeds and sunflower seeds in them.
wink.png

-Becca

Back
Top Bottom