1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

can rabbits

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Queen Scoot, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    have pumpkin? i know chickens can but my bunny seemed so sad yesterday that the girls got a treat and she diidnt cause i wasnt sure.

2. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    anyone???

3. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    How old is your rabbit? Is she used to getting other fresh greens, vegetables and fruits? If so, just give an appropriate amount for her size and age.

I always fixed a plate for my rabbits, when I was making bowls of fresh food for my parrots. And for myself! [​IMG]

4. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    shes almost a year and yes,she always gets fresh fruits and veggies everyday. thanks!

5. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yes! Rabbits can have pumpkin they love it and it is good for them just don't give them to much or they will have problems.

6. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    buns loooove pumpkin but if it's a jr i wouldnt give it to them just buns over 6 months old (as it can give diarhea which can be life threatening). When i had rabbits this time of year they got pumpkin puree...takl about happy bunnies!! THe adorable lip smacking noises they make while eating it and the look on their faces with one ear cocked back was just so priceless [​IMG]

7. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

You can also feed them raw sweet potatoes. They love it!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by