can some one help me please

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by toni egan, Nov 17, 2011.

1. toni egan

toni egan New Egg

Nov 17, 2011
    hi my name is toni im from ireland and two weeks ago the fox came and took my ducks:( and last tuesday i was givin to white ducks and i think they mite have a problem as they seem to have long nails on there feet i have always kept brown duck so i dont no if white ducks have nails on there feet?

2. farmdude

farmdude Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2009
    NE Wisconsin
    No worries, All ducks have toe nails. Muscovies seem to have the biggest.

3. toni egan

toni egan New Egg

Nov 17, 2011
    my ducks are ment to be alsbrey but they look like pekin to me they are about 1 and half years old but they dont seem to be laying eggs does any one no why

4. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Maybe it is not the right season for them. Some ducks dont lay all year round. Only during mating season.

5. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Do you have photo's of them you could upload? Could be diet. What are you feeding them?

6. toni egan

toni egan New Egg

Nov 17, 2011
    feeding them layers pellets and scaps they are mating with my drake have no pic at moment but will try and put some up for you to see i have a nother alsbery duck and she is laying every other day

7. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    And changes like from their old home to a new home can throw their laying out of cycle for a while even with breeds that are known for their egg laying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by