Can someone help ID my cockerels please .......

happyhippywales

Songster
7 Years
Jan 27, 2015
West Wales UK
So i posted earlier about how only this week it turns out that two of our chickens are in fact cockerels. Can someone please tell me what type they are though ? i may need to rehome them and knowing this will help me find them a new home ( i hope ) Thanks

They both look like mixed breeds to me. However, a closer photo of each individual rooster might be helpful.

Okay cool, i shall take a pic tomorrow and post it. Quite poss they are mixed though, the breeder i had them from had a fair mix running about. Thanks for your response.

Your white cockerel looks like a light sussex rooster. If you google light sussex roos some wont have a yellow tint to them but some do it depends on the quality. Our light sussex roo looks very similar to yours :)

Ahhh yes i just stumbled across one on images .... yessss! Thankoooo. Silly but that has made my night knowing their breed. How rude, im Welsh
lau.gif
hehe.
wink.png

Is your roo loud? just in case you haven't read my other post, i have only realised they are boys this week as they have started crowing! We only have one red sussex hen so i don 't think i can keep them both as i don't have the room for many more birds. But it will help to know if the roo's are loud and will bother my neighbours.

Haha thats ok glad i helped you :lol: Our rooster is loud but he is very infrequent with his crowing compared to other cockerels ive had . Some days he will only crow once late morning and thats it for the day. But it depends on the cockerel at your stage they will crow more than usual as they are just getting used to crowing but it depends on the cockerel. The quieter one should reveal themself haha :)

Back
Top Bottom