Can someone help ID my cockerels please .......

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by happyhippywales, Jan 27, 2015.

1. happyhippywales

happyhippywales Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2015
    West Wales UK
    So i posted earlier about how only this week it turns out that two of our chickens are in fact cockerels. Can someone please tell me what type they are though ? i may need to rehome them and knowing this will help me find them a new home ( i hope ) Thanks[​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    They both look like mixed breeds to me. However, a closer photo of each individual rooster might be helpful.

3. happyhippywales

Jan 27, 2015
    West Wales UK
    Okay cool, i shall take a pic tomorrow and post it. Quite poss they are mixed though, the breeder i had them from had a fair mix running about. Thanks for your response.

4. Oscarsgravett

Oscarsgravett Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2014
    East Sussex , England
    x2 although the blue one looks very similar to a blue maran cockerel :)

5. happyhippywales

Jan 27, 2015
    West Wales UK
    I just googled blue maran and they do look like him. Thank you so much :) At least i can google some info about them now.

6. Oscarsgravett

Mar 18, 2014
    East Sussex , England
    Thats ok happy to help. Nice to see someone from England on here aswell haha :)

7. Oscarsgravett

Mar 18, 2014
    East Sussex , England
    Your white cockerel looks like a light sussex rooster. If you google light sussex roos some wont have a yellow tint to them but some do it depends on the quality. Our light sussex roo looks very similar to yours :)

8. happyhippywales

Jan 27, 2015
    West Wales UK
    Ahhh yes i just stumbled across one on images .... yessss! Thankoooo. Silly but that has made my night knowing their breed. How rude, im Welsh [​IMG] hehe.[​IMG]
    Is your roo loud? just in case you haven't read my other post, i have only realised they are boys this week as they have started crowing! We only have one red sussex hen so i don 't think i can keep them both as i don't have the room for many more birds. But it will help to know if the roo's are loud and will bother my neighbours.

9. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

10. Oscarsgravett

Mar 18, 2014
    East Sussex , England
    Haha thats ok glad i helped you :lol: Our rooster is loud but he is very infrequent with his crowing compared to other cockerels ive had . Some days he will only crow once late morning and thats it for the day. But it depends on the cockerel at your stage they will crow more than usual as they are just getting used to crowing but it depends on the cockerel. The quieter one should reveal themself haha :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by