Can someone help me?? ID my chicks....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by sab, May 30, 2011.

1. sab

sab Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2010
    Ripley, WV
    My Coop
    I ordered 2 buff orpingtons, 2 white barred rocks and 1 Easter Egger. - ALL HENS. I got the Easter Egger. I think I have 1 buff (the yellow bird). One bird got nabbed by a coon. (niece was caring for them - I took them away from her). I have these 2 birds that I don't know what they are. They sure aren't white or black barred rocks. I'm thinking Long Islands...??? To me they look like roosters (these pictures they are 6 weeks old). Roosters??
    [​IMG]

Does this bird look like a 6 week old rooster and what is it?? Maybe a long island red and the females develop big combs?? (I hope)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  2. chick4chix

chick4chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    I'm sorry- I can't tell for sure from the photo but you may want to post this question in the "what breed or gender is this?" section. Do you have some photos from the sides to help identify the gender? I agree with you - it doesn't look like you have any barred or white rocks, and it looks (at least from the top) that you've got two rhode island reds or production reds, one EE, and one buff bird. I hope you've got girls. [​IMG] Good luck

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  3. sab

Jul 28, 2010
    Ripley, WV
    My Coop
    I guess there's not a way that I can move this post is there? I guess I didn't see the 'what breed or gender' thread.

4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    looks like Rhode Island Red roos to me.

5. chick4chix

chick4chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    Quote:Sab- I don't know how to "move" a post, but you can repost your question along with some more photos in that category and I think you'll get alot more responses. Do you have any pix from the side? that will help too.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  6. sab

Jul 28, 2010
    Ripley, WV
    My Coop
    Thanks folks! I see that what breed thread now. Didn't look low enough on the list. I'll repost this. Thanks. The tails aren't pointing down. They point up. I'm hoping they aren't roos. I don't want them if they are. They will be freebies to anyone who wants them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by