Can someone help me identify my Chickies?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LilChickyCoop, May 25, 2012.

1. LilChickyCoop

LilChickyCoop In the Brooder

May 15, 2012
    Timpson, TX 75975
    Hi, I'm new here and just received a shipment of chicks from Ideal Poultry yesterday. I ordered the Surprise Special of Pullets only.
    I am so excited about them, but I just can't wait to find out what breeds they are. I would really like your help as I don't have a lot of experience in this area.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Texokie1

Texokie1 Chirping

Mar 8, 2012
    Middle Tennessee
    Not sure on all of them, but the top left-hand chicky looks like one of my Easter Eggers...see pic below of her as a 2-day old...

[​IMG]

3. Nursiedeer

Nursiedeer Chirping

May 25, 2012
    Raymore, Missouri
    "Not sure on all of them, but the top left-hand chicky looks like one of my Easter Eggers...see pic below of her as a 2-day old..."

I agree. Watch and see if it gets green feet. Could be all three with this coloring are Americanas or Aruacanas, most likely the first
    I am wondering if the black and white one could be a silver laced wyandotte? Anyone else?

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  4. LilChickyCoop

May 15, 2012
    Timpson, TX 75975
    Thank ya'll so much, I have 5 with those markings that you think are EE that would be great and I have 4 that are the color of black and white. Ohh you've just gotten me all excited again over my chicks. I was raised in the country with chickens, but this my first time to raise them myself. Thanks so much for your input.[​IMG]No matter what the others turn out to be I will be happy...

5. i say the ones with speckles on there faces are wyandottes

6. LilChickyCoop

May 15, 2012
    Timpson, TX 75975
    Thank you for your input Stephanie I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my Lil Chickies. I hope you are right. I am just too excited!!![​IMG]

7. can u get pics of each one by themselves including a good pic or discription of there combs?? It would help determine what they are. Cuz looking at the pics closer one could be a buttercup. its hard to tell tho

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  8. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Songster

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Is there a possibility the darker specked chick could be a Partridge Chantecler ?

9. LilChickyCoop

May 15, 2012
    Timpson, TX 75975
    Ok finally got pictures each one to post, been so busy trying to finish up the Lil Chicky Coop. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Nursiedeer

Nursiedeer Chirping

May 25, 2012
    Raymore, Missouri
    I think #1 and #3 look like Autralorps. Maybe some of the other black with white ones but hard to tell with the flash. #5 looks like a Sicilian buttercup. If the other ones in this color look about the same. You might go google these names and see what you think.
    Now I have my kids wanting some buttercups!! LOL TO go with our wyandottes and australorps and production reds and Aruacana's and...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: