Can someone help me identify my ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mhhousley, Sep 30, 2011.

1. mhhousley

mhhousley Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2011
    LaFollette, TN
    Hey guys,

I got a total of 3 ducks. All of them are black / bluish. Two of them are bantam breeds. The larger one I had a pair of and the female flew the fence and ran away. I was curious if anyone could help me identify them. Also they are VERY skittish... they will not eat any treats if you are in view of them. These are my first ducks. I have had chickens for a few years now but I am new to ducks. I have a baby pool for them to get wet in and they eat what the chickens eat. The yard is full of grass so I think they will be happy. Any and all suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm waiting on the rest to upload... I'll add them as soon as they are done...

2. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

So the bigger one looks like a black or blue swedish and the smaller one maybe a black call with a white bib. Not sure how to classify its color but a call of some sort. Anyone feel free to correct me.

3. mhhousley

Sep 2, 2011
    LaFollette, TN
    After looking on meyerhatchery.com I thought maybe blue or black swedish too. Thanks for the info... here is another picture of them.

The two call ducks, if I breed them are they worth selling?

[​IMG]

4. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Looks like some sort of sweedish. And a white bibed call, and a chocholate call.

5. mhhousley

Sep 2, 2011
    LaFollette, TN
    Thank you for your reply!

The two call ducks, if I breed them are they worth selling?

Another pic:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  6. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Now that I see that pic. It looks like a chocholate bibed and a non bibed chocholate. They would be fine to sell the ducklings. And they look like reasonable quality to. Congrats!

7. mhhousley

Sep 2, 2011
    LaFollette, TN
    Quote:Cool thank you and everyone else for the info so far! They seem and look very healthy. Other than their clipped feathers I would say they were flawless.

Thanks again for your info!

8. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Cool thank you and everyone else for the info so far! They seem and look very healthy. Other than their clipped feathers I would say they were flawless.

Thanks again for your info!

Your welcome. Do you know what genders you have?

9. mhhousley

Sep 2, 2011
    LaFollette, TN
    Last pic just for fun with a few chickens in it...

[​IMG]

10. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

If your not breeding for show quality then any ducklings are fine to sell. They look like they would have good ducklings anyway!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by