Can someone help me out on this breed of bantam

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JD, Aug 3, 2010.

1. JD

JD Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    Tennessee
    Here a while back I got eggs of different breeds of bantams. The eggs were marked as sd for silver duckwing or dorking and pencile rock and barred rocks. This one in question was marked sd but, I can't verify if that is what she is as I can't find anything at the hatcheries that looks like it. She is a solid black w/very black legs and almost a blue sheen to her. I'll try to get better pictures of her tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  2. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Dorkings have 5 toes right? Doesn't look like 5 toes on that chick. She doesn't look like any of the other 3. Where did you get the eggs from?

3. JD

Sep 10, 2008
    Tennessee
    I got them from a friend that live about an hour away as a swap for a peahen I had and they gave me a bunch of eggs in return that had some ringneck phansants, now I got to get rid of 5 juvenile male on them, lol
    Here is some more pictures if it helps of her and going to get my husband to grab her in the morning so I can take more closer up pic's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. JD

Sep 10, 2008
    Tennessee
    Finally a closer picture of her and if you don't mind I have two others that I'm not sure if the same breed. When I got the eggs they were marked as SD for Silver Duckwing or Dorking-don't know which. Also PR I assume Pencil Rock or Partridge Rock-those are the two that I don't know if same breed, one looks to be male and the other a female. But don't know which is which, lol. Please help, here are better Pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Pencil Rock or Partridge Rock?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. atimme

atimme Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Chicago
    Bantam Black Sumatra. Looks like a hen, you should find a roo for her, they are beautiful birds and one of my favorites!

6. atimme

atimme Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Chicago
    Also Silver Duckwing Old English Game roo on the left, and the one on the right is the Silver Penciled Rock, also looks like a roo.

7. JD

Sep 10, 2008
    Tennessee
    Boy that is great news and thank you atimme. I didn't know he even has the Samatra. As far as the Silver Penciled Rock goes I think she might be a female. Here's another picture. Let me know again what you think.
    [​IMG]

Do you know where I can find a mate for the Samatra?

8. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Yep with those black leg's look's like a bantam Sumatra.I currently have 2 7 month old hen's.I raised the standards about 5 year's ago.I dont have a roo for my hen's either yet.I only hatched 2 out of 8 egg's and got 2 hen's but the other egg's werent fertile.But I did get the egg's in Dec and I had a mix Xmas flock.MY OEGB's have been mating them and have gotten quite a few chick's from them so far.I think you will enjoy them all though.I got a few more duckwing's again this time.They are very tame bird's and my 2 sumatra hen's seem to be great too.Hope you can find a roo for your's.And yep I think your penciled is a hen.

9. JD

Sep 10, 2008
    Tennessee
    This is so great! Now if I can find mates for all 3 would be fantastic without buying a slew of them. That's going to be hard to do probably. Anyway thanks to everyone for all your help.

10. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    I just wanted to show you my Silver Duckwing OE. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by