1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Can someone help me sex my bantams?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kairosdreaming, Jun 19, 2011.

1. kairosdreaming

kairosdreaming Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2011
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, I'm trying to figure out how many roosters I have (my profile pic is definitely a rooster I found out by the crowing yesterday). Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is the silkie of indeterminate parentage....possibly a cross between a blue and a white?

[​IMG]
    This one has wry neck so its hard to get a good pic of it. It is recovering nicely though.

[​IMG]
    The other blue silkie.

[​IMG]
    Pretty sure this is a rooster because its looks extremely different from the other one of the same breed.

[​IMG]
    1st white silkie

[​IMG]
    2nd white silkie

[​IMG]
    Mottled Houdan I'm not sure of, was very shy as far as the pictures go and one of the Barred Rocks kept trying to crawl into my lap while I was getting pictures so I apologize on the quality of this one.

Thanks for the help!

2. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Your Mille Fleur d'uccle is defiantly a rooster. I don't know polish or silkies. Pretty chicks you have.

3. kairosdreaming

kairosdreaming Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2011
    Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks for the confirmation on the Mille Fleur Nicole :)

4. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

I'll give it my best shot. [​IMG]

1. White Crested Black Polish-Rooster (Streamer crest feathers and wattles)

2. Silkie looks to be Lavender? Hard to sex from the pic...Dunno why but it looks like a male to me?

3. I can't tell from the pic.

4. Also can't. [​IMG]

5. Roo!

6. Can't tell.

7. Roo.

8. Hen?

Lol that was helpful of me. Sorry!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by