Can someone help me with info on these? Boggy your expertise please?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Break an Egg, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    These are both supposed to be phoenix's the roo looks young, he has no spurs, and the hen has a flopped over comb. Sorry about the cell phone pics. They are still a little afraid of me and will fly out of my yard. I want to try and catch them tonight and clip 1 wing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    [​IMG]

3. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    sure are pretty but as far as breed???? she laying eggs? Do you think someone took the spurs out? i have heard of it but have never done it. They are really pretty and kinda look like my jungle fowl but bigger. Best of luck..........

4. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Quote:Thanks, I think the spurs are budding on the roo, and the hen hasn't laid an egg since I got her here about 4 or 5 days ago. I read that hens stop laying when they are moved, but start again in a week or two. The roo is taller but thinner than the hen, and the man I got them from called them Phoenix.

5. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Just replied in the phoenix thread for you, but yes they are bb red phoenix, It take phoenix a lot longer to get spurs than most breeds, usually 9 months or so.
    They floppy comb is just a common undesired trait, usually associated with hatchery stock, but they do appear to be pure best I can tell from the pics.

6. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Quote:Thank you [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by