Can someone help me with the breeds?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChellesChickens, Apr 27, 2017.

1. ChellesChickens

ChellesChickens Just Hatched

Apr 4, 2017
    [​IMG][​IMG]I have no clue what breed 1 of these are... I was told the black 1 could be a barred rock, and the brown possibly a Wyandotte? I'm curious... from my understanding they are a little over a week old, but only by a day or so.... thank you so much!!![​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  2. SueT

SueT Overrun With Chickens

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    The first one could be a Br. leghorn, a Speckled Sussex, a Welsummer or??....several breeds have those chipmunk stripes. The second does look like a barred rock. But I'm not sure if there are others that look like that.

3. ChellesChickens

Apr 4, 2017
    Thank you!!! They were hatched in my daughters' pre-k class and the teacher isn't 100% sure what kink the farmer gave her.

4. SueT

SueT Overrun With Chickens

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    If they are from a farm they could be mixed breeds....let's hope they are all pullets! Good luck!

5. ChellesChickens

Apr 4, 2017
    Yes... lets hope! lol The farmer apparently wasn't real sure.... he told the teacher that the eggs were from RIR, Wyandottes, Barred Rocks, Silkies... but I am not sure we have any of those other than the barred rock. Either way it has been so much fun watching and learning!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by