Can someone help us sex our new chick?

Cree

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 14, 2013
Lino Lakes, MN
We just recently(2 days ago) had our first ever chick hatch(Jersey Giant). We're praying it's a hen, but can't tell. She was almost 3 days early. Here are some pics, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
It's the only one so far, we got 6 Jersey giant eggs and 6 bantam ameraucanas on the same day from someone I found online, and this one hatched 3 days early. Initially it didn't seem like it was going to make it. Now it's very strong and loves to be around us if not held by us. I candled the rest of the eggs and I think we may get 2 more Jersey giants, but I don't think we'll get any of the ameraucanas, but they are extremely hard to see when candled. The shells of the ameraucanas are very poor looking, their density is not even when they are candled. But we're still hoping.

Last edited:
I hope you get as many as possible. I was just asking if it was alone, because it would be very lonely. But since you should be hatching some more and you seem to be handling it a lot, it should be fine. Good job! :)

Ya I'm starting to lose hope for the other eggs. I ordered some new eggs from a different person so she shouldn't be alone for too long. But we take her out and interact with her as much as possible to keep her from getting too lonely.

Back
Top Bottom