can someone help

melissa x

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 29, 2014
ireland
Hi I have a ten week old silkie hen she was the smallest of a huge flock and undernourished so I took her and she has grown very attached to me eating from my hand and crying for me etc. I went away for weekend leaving her with my mother and she stopped eating and drinking. She is sleeping constantly and ive managed to get some food into her every two hours but shes only had maybe five sips of water today. I have a hot water bottle, food and water in a box with her in and fresh bedding so shes warm. What else can I do or what is wrong? Shes so tired and drooping wings. Shes normally chatting away all the time and running about. Shes not laying or anything yet. Im so worried that she will die as shes loved so much

Oh I'm sorry. She's to young to lay. I'm not sure what could be wrong. It may help if you could post pictures of her and her poop as well as tell us what her crop feels like.

Last edited:
Shes only ten weeks old though she hasnt laid yet.. I gav her water an it jus poured back out of her. I took hot water bottle away an wrapped her in a towel in her bed..

The bit below her neck? Rock hard. An shes makin like a gasping action with her mouth. Water is jus runnin bk out her mouth

I massaged it an gave her oil. Shes alive but very floppy. I dont think it is that. Shed normally be asleep now and is but I dont think shes gonna make it through the night. She just brought the oil back up :(

I'm so sorry. I'd just keeping bumping the thread hoping that someone can save her. I'm so sorry
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom