Can someone identify these girls??? Please?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickenWisperer, Jul 31, 2008.

1. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Well, i recently stoped at a farm and got some new girls [​IMG] I got A Silver laced Wyandott, Golden Laced Wyandott, Black Comet, Barred Rock, and two other girls......but i dont have a clue as to what they are!

[​IMG]

The girl on the far right is the girl which i have no clue what breed she is. Her name is Mocha, and she was originally thought to be a RhodeIsland Red, But she is rumpless.....and now that she is settled in, she also seems to have small ear tufts. Could she be an Aurcauna? She is a lovely girl, so gorgeous and calm! Smart, too! She is lead hen of the adult flock, along with Java, who is the hen in the far left of the picture. She is, we beleive, a NewHampsire red.

[​IMG]

This is Talin, a beautiful girl! Her black feathers have a lovely purple and green sheen to them. She is a gorgeous poullet, but what breed is she? I have no clue!

2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    The black one with the red around her neck in a black sex link. They are the product of a rhode island red roo on a barred rock hen.

The boys come out black with white spots on their heads, and later feather out to look like the mom but with a few red feathers.

The girls come out all black, so you can tell at hatch which is male or female.

3. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:Cool, i dont doubt you at all, but wouldnt she have a single comb? Just wondering [​IMG] Thanks!

4. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I'm not sure, mine looks just like yours with a single comb. And actually today is when I noticed the green shine on her she is still young.

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    RIR's was my first thought...maybe a mix of some kind? Black sex link for the black one. My black sex link looked just like that. She also had the black and purple sheen on her back. Beautiful!

6. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:kk, then. Thanks, agan. [​IMG]

7. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:Yeah, she does look like a RIR. Perhaps she is. She is very big, so maybe its a geneitc defeact? Anyhow, i really hope she passes it to her babies.....Well, thats two for the count!!! Thanks!!!! [​IMG]

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

The red one does look like a RIR/Production red. I think I see a tail, just no tail feathers. Doesn't look rumpless to me, but you're the one touching her. If her tail bone really isn't there, it's possible since I've had one Production red that lacked a tail bone and thus had no tail.

9. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:Kk. Thanks! I havent actually thought to see if she had an actuall tail bone. Ive been letting them settle in since they've been in, and ive had a very hectic life lately. So, if she does, will she eventually grow tailfeathers in? Or will she stay as is?

10. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I have a BR that's "rumpless" like that. When I pet her, though, she does have a tailbone and her tail feathers are just short under all the fluff on her butt. So not really rumpless, though sure short-tailed!

They're gorgeous, love them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by