can someone please help me out here?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by axelsujin, Oct 14, 2013.

1. axelsujin

axelsujin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2013
    perth WA
    [​IMG]
    I got these two cute chicks when they were 3 weeks old.

[​IMG]
    Now they're about 4 months old.
    You see,the problem i have here is the person i got them from was as clueless as i am now. Here in singapore where everyday is a city day,people hardly raise chickens as pets and my resources are limited.
    Could someone please help me identify what breed these are?

And also at 4 mths my girl has already laid 2 eggs in the past 2 days and the eggs seem much smaller than a regular egg.Could i be able to hatch the eggs without using an incubator? its pretty hard to get an artificial incubator at a reasonable price here.
    your help is very much appreciated

2. chickengeorgeto

chickengeorgeto Overrun With Chickens

The rooster looks like an Old English Game Bantam in the Pyle color or shade.

More than anything else the pullet looks like a Brown Red Old English Game hen.

If this information proves wrong please remember it is worth what it cost you.

Good luck

3. hosspak

hosspak Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    Go fish on the rooster, [​IMG] but the hen looks just like my Black Copper Marans, She's been laying for about 3 weeks, about one a day, give or take but every day the eggs seem to be getting bigger.

4. axelsujin

Sep 27, 2013
    perth WA
    Thank you very much.i will take note.

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    The fact that you're in Singapore tells me they're probably not a breed we here in the States are familiar with. Probably some type of local breed or mix. They're both quite common colors for mixed breed birds.

6. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    I agree, we can't really judge them against US birds.

As far as your incubator, I have heard some people have success with a box and a light bulb, but I've never tried it myself. I think you'll have to Google.

7. axelsujin

Sep 27, 2013
    perth WA
    Thank you donrae and walkingonsunshine.but has anyone here had any success in hatching their eggs with natural incubation?

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    We have a section here specifically for incubating eggs, you might post there. I only use broody hens, so really can't help you much, sorry.

9. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    Not sure what you mean by "natural incubation--" unless you mean under a broody hen? That's the most natural incubation I know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by