Can Someone Please Help Me with My Addiction??!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jenkassai, Dec 5, 2011.

1. jenkassai

jenkassai Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Sooooo...just out of boredom I was perusing the Meyer Hatchery site. I swear I wasn't planning on placing an order, I was just window shopping! I HAD planned on MAYBE getting a few chicks in May to add to the flock. They are just so adorable, you know?! Well anyways, one of the breeds I am interested in are the Buckeyes, and wouldn't you know it, they already have their hatching dates up, AND most of them are limited to very limited availability!!!!! [​IMG] Of course that immediately made me order my chicks NOW!!! [​IMG] So yes, I have already placed an order for chicks that will not be hatched for, what is it, five months from now?! [​IMG] All the while my husband is sitting on the couch next to me saying "We don't NEED any more chickens!" [​IMG] But we only have 10! And I only ordered 3 chicks! And their coop is definitely big enough for 13 chickens! And I REALLY wanted to try some Buckeyes!!!! My order is one Buckeye, one EE and one Campine...for now [​IMG]

2. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I can't even tell you how many times I've heard "more chickens?" Not only from the dh, but EVERYONE I talk to... like its such a crazy thing to have 20 chickens. Please.....I have WAY more room than 20 chickens need.....and I have a rooster, and broody hens.... why NOT hatch some more???

I'm even thinking of a few more breeds id like to have....

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  3. bigg

bigg Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    Tullahoma, TN
    13 chickens is nothing i had like fifty five during the summer, more chickens is more happiness in most cases. Especially for people on this forum lol.

4. hmmcc123

hmmcc123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    [​IMG]

I am in the same position as you!!! Well....almost. We just got a flock of 10 girls in March 2011 and NOW I have a order for 15 Serama eggs that won't be shipped until May 28th! I have a 6 month wait for the eggs and then another 21 days to hopefully hatch some Seramas. They are just SO CUTE!! It's going to be a LONG wait huh! What are we going to do with ourselves? [​IMG]

5. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Quote:Get a rooster and hatch your own whenever you want!![​IMG]

6. hmmcc123

hmmcc123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    Quote:Get a rooster and hatch your own whenever you want!![​IMG]

I can't have roosters in the city I live in. [​IMG] As my love for chickens grows, the more I want to move to a city that has no lame chicken regulations!

7. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Quit your job, move to the country and become a chicken farmer. I did.;-) Deb

8. jenkassai

jenkassai Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Quote:I would LOVE to do this! Already live in the country, just need to do the "quit your job" and "become a chicken farmer" parts. Guess I should pay off bills first though [​IMG]

9. Hodawg

Hodawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! 13 chickens, 20 chickens, 50 chickens.....! I'm still trying to figure out how Mrs. Hodawg and I are going to manage 4. I suddenly feel overwhelmed. Please tell me that chicken math is not contagious via the internet.

Beers y'all,
    Ken

10. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Quote:Its not contagious via the internet....its contagious the minute you get chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by