Can someone please post pictures of thier button quail breeding pens

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Crazy4Chicks, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I have 12 buttons now and they are living in a plastic tote inside the house ( one of those large clear ones )

I would like to be able to move them outside where they ( and me ) can have fresh air - I would also like them to be able to access to dirt, bugs,and greens

I dont have to worry about predators we live in an area where the biggest threat is a cat LOL we have no racoons or hawks or weasles or anything like that
    I would like to be able to build them a hoop coop like what I use for my younger chicks as an outside brooder

[​IMG]

it does not have to be as big as this one LOL I want to be able to plant flowers to grow over the whole hoop part to provide shade and give them a sense of saftey I can run a light out to it for winter to keep them warm no problems there.

also I was told that buttons will not live in a family group that I needed to seperate them into smaller groups with only male per 2-3 females

any help - would be great

thanks

2. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I am really needing some advice or ideas to get more buttons into a better pen - so if you have thoughts are advice please let me know

thanks

3. Lophura

Lophura Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Holden, Missouri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by