can someone please send some cooler weather my way?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by ksukristin, Oct 17, 2009.

1. ksukristin

ksukristin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    My birds are panting today- we're currently at 101 degrees and it is HOT outside for this time of year- might be a record! I can't wait for it to cool down again, and I'm sure my birds can't wait either!

it's always time for sunglasses out here. [​IMG] But I don't miss the snow one little eensy teensy tiny bit! 101 in the middle of October is a bit much though...

I just wish I could have some fun at home today instead of being in the office...but thank GOODNESS for BYC!

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Quit rubbing it in!!! We're having December weather in October, and I'm freezing my butt off!!! I think we capped out in the high 40s today [​IMG]

3. ksukristin

Jul 28, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    nah- 101 isn't rubbing it in...it's sweating! now if the weather would just get back to those 80 degree temps we had last week that would be rubbing it in!

I'm actually quite serious!!! After the summers we have out here fall feels so nice and then BAM right back to 100 degree weather is not cool!

I'll send some hot weather your way if you send me come cool weather [​IMG] we can trade about 20 degrees and both be happy as clams!

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Ummm Sorry Kristin The Cooler Temps Just Got Here Today---- And I'm Keepin' 'em!!!!!!!!!

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Be glad to trade, we are in the 30s at night. How many truck loads do you need, I am already sick of the cold. Could use about 100 truck loads of your. I like WARM!!!

6. ksukristin

Jul 28, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    [​IMG] that's a trade deerman! but 30s is too cold! how about we go splitzies? [​IMG]

7. ksukristin

Jul 28, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Quote:aw, shucks! had to try though! enjoy that cooler weather!

So...any fun treats I should give my girls for putting up with this heat? I don't have any worms...would they enjoy any kitchen scraps?

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    What a whiner!! I don't think it got over 50 today, I'll gladly trade! It's way too early for this type of cold...

9. ksukristin

Jul 28, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Quote:[​IMG] what can I say? most of the country complains about cold...we complain about heat!

now, once we figure out how to control the weather so we all live like we're in san diego- we can be rich and just hang out with our birds all day long [​IMG]

10. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:[​IMG] what can I say? most of the country complains about cold...we complain about heat!

now, once we figure out how to control the weather so we all live like we're in san diego- we can be rich and just hang out with our birds all day long [​IMG]

I'M WITH YOU HERE KRISTIN--- BUT AT LEAST Y'ALL GET THE DRY HEAT--- WE USUALLY HAVE SAUNA CONDITIONS HERE---YUCK!

AS FAR AS TREATS? I DO GIVE MINE VIT C IN THE WATER DURING HOT TIMES--- IT HELPS EGG PRODUCTION AND ALLOWS THE BIRDS TO BETTER COMPENSATE FOR THE HEAT STRESS--- DO A SEARCH ON HERE FOR HEAT STRESS, NIKI POSTED BACK IN EARLY SUMMER--- VIT C AND VIT E HELP.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by