1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can someone please tell me what breed my two goats are?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by NicciB, Dec 9, 2014.

1. NicciB

NicciB New Egg

Dec 9, 2014
    They are both nanny goats and pygmy crosses. I think they might be crossed with Nubian? I wasn't sure because there ears aren't as long and big as Nubians ears are suppose to be. The woman I bought them from wasn't 100% sure either. There about 5 months old here. Please help.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. H Diamond

H Diamond Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Probably either nubian or boer, leaning more towards boer because of the color. They look healthy!

3. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    They're adorable little girls! Because of their airplane ears, they are either crossed with boer or nubian. Unless the person you bought them from knows for sure, which is sounds like she doesn't, there is no way to truly know unless you get in touch with whoever bred them. I assume the woman you bought them from did not breed them?

The more modern and correct term for a female goat is a doe. An unaltered male is a a buck rather than a billy. And altered boys are wethers.

4. NicciB

NicciB New Egg

Dec 9, 2014
    Thank you for replying :). If it helps any I remember the woman I got them from said she bought them from a breeder because they're suppose to be a very good breed for milking.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by