Can someone post pics of what these ducks look like?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newfmom, Jun 18, 2011.

1. newfmom

newfmom New Egg

Jun 16, 2011
    I have decided I want to get a couple of runner ducks and the lady I've been talking to sent me a text of what colors she has. I can't find the color variation of the ones she has online and only have a general idea of what color they look like. Here is what she has, "brown laced blue runners, blue white runner, black n white swedish & welsh harlequin."

I know the last two aren't runners, but I'm curious to see other peoples ducks of that color anyways. Any pictures of these variations will help a lot thanks!

2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 1 that you could call brown laced blue. Depends on how the sun hits her depends on what colour she is. She is mostly brown but the inside of her feathers are blue but her wings are all blue. This isnt a very good picture.
    [​IMG]

3. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
  4. Rosebud 18

Rosebud 18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    middle Tn
    Welsh Harleqins and a Blue and a Black Swedish from Metzers.
    [​IMG]
    White Indian Runner, Fawn/White and Pencil Runners from Holderreads.
    [​IMG]

5. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Harelquin Runners are available too !! While they may not be available world wide yet- I am breeding them here in Australia. The quality of my start up stock wasnt great- but after a full year off hatching and selective mating- I have bred a few that are to standard. Here is one of my girls in a show pen last weekend. She is still young and has some growing to do- But I am more than happy with her as a first generation bird to continue breeding from.

[​IMG]

6. AdamD77

AdamD77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Bedfordshire, England
    Quote:Now that is one gorgeous duck! How about you have her shipped over to the UK for me asap? [​IMG]

7. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    AdamD77 Thank you so much for your comment. I am very proud to have bred this girl - I asked a few well known breeders and judges at the show last weekend and had some very positive feedback about her. She is a keeper in my flock for sure- and once I have a few more like her it will help me to greatly reduce the numbers I have. It would be fantastic if I could ship overseas- as I know that Harlequin Runners are almost never seen. I do know there is a fellow in Italy with some lovely Silver Runners- And a few other places that have them. There isnt much difference between the silver and the Harlequin. His birds were imported from the UK last year but I am not too sure where from.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by