Can someone Sex these Sex link Chicks for me Please?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Happydaze, May 16, 2010.

1. Happydaze

Happydaze Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2010
    I have 6 chicks from Red Sex Link (Cinnimon Queens) and there were different unknown Roosters. The Hens were bred before I bought them. I'm curious as to what sex these chicks are. These are the chicks, the first white one seems to be quite aggressive. It will charge at me and peck if I put my hand in the brooder box. I think it actually bit me today...lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Sex-linking is good for a single generation; it does not carry through to subsequent ones. Behavior in young chicks is no indication whatsoever of gender, sorry.

3. Happydaze

Happydaze Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2010
    Ah Ha. Thank you. I wonder about that! So....This will be a little clutch of Mutts! Lol. No worries. But I was decieved when I bought my 10 Rhode Island Reds...lol. Doesn't matter, my first chickens Ever, and I still think they are a great bunch and out of 10 I get 9 beautiful super Larger brown eggs daily. One day I did get a pinkish water balloon... So young hen not quite mature enough I'm thinking. I'll post pics when they grow up anyway. Still very exciting for me! Do you think the Yellows could still be Roosters though or is it all lost now (meaning...the sex linking)???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by