can someone show me a picture of a 2-3 month old pygmy goat?

agnes_day

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
oklahoma
hi again, i would like to see how big my goats will be when i get them in 2 weeks. the boy will be 2 months, the girl, 3 months. also, what will be the best way to transport them? i was going to just line the back of the suburban with an old quilt and some straw, but i have no clue how big they will be. also..she told me yesterday that the boy is 12 pounds now but she thinks the girl is around 20..thats a huge size difference. do they grow that fast?

Yep, they grow that fast
wink.png

Go to my "Kids" page on the goats section of my website - they are all around 8 weeks in those pics. Mine average 22 lbs at 8 weeks.

I transport them in a medium dog crate - one to three kids fit fine in there.

Last edited:
Quote:
22lbs at 8 weeks! My 8 month old wether is 25lbs and he's as round as can be. He is really tiny. When other goat owners see him they can't believe how tiny he is. I should go out and measure how tall he is.

ETA: I used to put my 4 week old calf in our van and take him places with me. I would just take out the passenger side front seat and put a tarp and blanket down. You should've seen people's reactions. I loved it. He'd stick his big head out the window.

Last edited:
It depends on the size of the parents....

With Pygmys they do come in various sizes.... I have one doe that is really tiny (well not right now because she's rounder than tall due to the babies) but she normally weighs about 25lbs and I have another doe that's about 50lbs and almost twice her height....

Ask the owner how big the parents are.... This will give you an idea on the size of the little ones.

I transport my pygmies in my SUV back with no problems... I lay down a packing mat and they lay down and sleep mostly.....

They will cry most of the way while in the car and it is heart wrenching to hear....

Good - Luck

:cool

the mom is 16 inches at the shoulder..at least the girls mom is..the boys mom is about 23 inches.
is there anything i can get for the trip home to help them feel better? i was going to have some of the kids come along and play with them.

Back
Top Bottom