Can someone show me some pictures of there duck houses

Hmmm, let's see if I can do this with the new system . . . .

I did it once before . . . .

There we go

4'x8' house with same footprint porch, house is double walled, filled with vermiculite and perlite (don't mold), all openings covered with half inch hardware cloth, porch covered top, bottom and sides, two strands of electric fence around both for nighttime. Roof is polycarbonate corrugated. There is a sliding door from the house to the porch, and a people door at the south end of the porch (on the right in the photo). The porch is attached to a 10'x16' day pen, with fence top, bottom and sides.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

I like it, too, it's easy to care for, and houses the runners and buffs just fine.

Oh, inside the house there is linoleum flooring that goes up the sides several inches, and I attached it to the wall with 1"x3" boards to keep poop from getting behind and underneath the flooring.

Last edited:
Mine is like a mini barn, they free range during the day...

That is a side shot, It's elevated on wooden industrial skids so the floor is solid wood. We found antique windows to use and recycled old barn boards as siding.

This is an indoor shot, from the door that thing at the back is a shelf as they are Muscovy they like to 'roost' The box to the left is a large next box we created for 'dusty' she's sitting on about a 1/2 dozen or so eggs atm. The floor has stall rubber mats and then obviously we bed with shavings.

I'LL add this construction shot... shows the barn a touch better... this was taken standing at the front, where we had only closed in the back and the front was eventually closed & a door added(a recycled find.. solid wood door 5$!) We actually intend to make a slight addition on the left side coming out about 4ft tall or so to make a little 'cave' for the impending babies... You can actually see our side windows on the floor too. The roof has an incline to help run off snow.

Last edited:
Kins of depends on where you are. I'm in Florida so mine is open air with roofing over part of it and a wind break inside I couldn't find any other pictures or it but here is my Muscovy drake also.
lol.png

We took an existing shed and converted it; added a pop door, 2 windows and several vents And a Pen

Back
Top Bottom