Can someone tel me what this is please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by littleluciex, Dec 16, 2011.

1. littleluciex

littleluciex Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2011
    Wauchula
    I would like to know the breed and gender thanks. I picked it up at an auction, Im suspecting its a roo no eggs yet, but it doesn't crow. I got him with two other fizzles, I have another just like it.

2. littleluciex

Oct 25, 2011
    Wauchula
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    The pictures are a bit small and blurry but it looks girlish to me. Do you know how old it is? It may not yet be laying because 1) it's not old enough or 2) it's stressed from the move.

4. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    The pictures aren't very clear, but I'm thinking it's a hen, possibly a game type. Can you get a clearer picture with the bird standing?

5. littleluciex

Oct 25, 2011
    Wauchula
    I have no idea how old they are because I got them at auction, the two fizzles I got are laying, I caught this one chest bumping the other day. Do hens do that too? Im going to head out and see if I can get a clearer pic, its a fast runner! lol
    [​IMG]

6. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Quote:Looks henny to me. Dark Brahma, ??? Look at the chicken, then look up dark brahma. I know peeps that want a bantam dark brahma.

Yeah, my hens still run at each other and "chest bump" it's a chicken thing, you wouldn't understand. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  7. littleluciex

Oct 25, 2011
    Wauchula
    Ok here we go see if this helps

[​IMG]

8. KellyGaCochinFan

KellyGaCochinFan Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2011
    Aragon
    Looks like a brown red old english hen maybe? There are so many colors with the OE, so I may be wrong on the color, but the breed looks OE

9. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Looks like a girl to me...

10. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Looks henish to me, from the looks of the feathers they looks silkie'ish.. my guess if you got them with frizzles your probably looking at their first attmept at a sizzle?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by