can someone tell me if my OEGB cockeral will be mottled?

animals1981

Songster
11 Years
Jul 19, 2008
Toronto
My Coop
My Coop
I am hoping he will be mottled! BUt im not sure? Here are a few pix I took of him

It doesnt really show his true specs better in the light u can see and notice them better on his wings etc...

If you like I can take more pics ?? Just tell me what I should take more pix of! His mother was a black and his father was a wheaten

First 7 pictures

first 2 are him with his mother who is golden black
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/animals1981/

Last edited:
I didn't see that all of the pics were him. In the first few he doesn't look like it to me, but in the close-ups he may be. The feathers coming in on his head are what make him look a bit mottled.. How old is he btw?

here are my mottled black d'uccles-you can see the one that has better coloration.

mottledblackduccle2.jpg

mottledblackduccle1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
he will change hi colors a lot before you will know, but he does look speckled now

By 8 weeks you should have a good idea, but sometimes they surprise you and molt out diff after that

Last edited:
I think he is mottled. The mottling gene is different than other genes. Birds that are mottled will add more white feathers as they get older. The white wings is a good indicator of mottling. Lilpeeps bird is a good example of a mottled bird that is extended black.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom