1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

can someone tell me the breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by east chicks, Oct 28, 2013.

1. east chicks

east chicks New Egg

Oct 28, 2013
    arizona
    can someone please tell me the breed of my four chicks. they are around 22 weeks old. also too, only one of them is laying eggs right now. she has been laying for over two weeks now and nothing from my other three. they are all the same age.
    [​IMG]
    sandy
    [​IMG]
    beach
    [​IMG]
    moon rock(the only one laying eggs)
    [​IMG]
    dinner

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    X2 on the RIR, RIR, Ancona, and SLW. They are all getting fairly red combs and wattles already, Beach is maybe a little behind the other two, so hopefully the three will get going with the egg laying in the next month or so for you.

4. east chicks

east chicks New Egg

Oct 28, 2013
    arizona
    thats for the reply we were told that the two rir's were ee

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    EEs are mixes, so they could theoretically look like anything, but with single combs, yellow legs, and the red color, I vote they are RIR or some sort of production red bird... if they lay green eggs I'll change my mind :)

6. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    I agree with everyone else about the breeds. I don't think the two red birds are EEs, either. They don't have a single sign of being EEs, but all of the features of Rhode Island Reds or Production Reds. You'll know for sure when they lay eggs, I guess.

They look like you'll have eggs within a couple of weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by