1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can someone tell me what breed my girls are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by abbzgrl, Aug 4, 2014.

1. abbzgrl

abbzgrl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2014
    Hilliard Florida
    [​IMG]

2. abbzgrl

Aug 4, 2014
    Hilliard Florida
    [​IMG]. Better view

3. Dad of the coop

Dad of the coop Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2014
    For sure the one in the front is a golden laced wyandotte. The next one to the left looks like a road island red. The last one looks like a leg horn.

4. abbzgrl

Aug 4, 2014
    Hilliard Florida
    Thank you!

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    In agree that the one in the front is a Golden Laced Wyandotte and the white one is a White Leghorn, but the middle one (in the bottom pic) appears to me to have a rose comb and a dark partridge pattern, so I'm thinking it's also a Wyandotte (maybe a hatchery grade Partridge Wyandotte).

6. abbzgrl

Aug 4, 2014
    Hilliard Florida
    I just read up on these breeds. The leghorns lay white eggs. One of my girls just laid their first egg and it beige light brown. I'm most certain it was my white hen, only because she is the only one squatting and her comb and wattle are bright red. So can it still possibly be a leghorn??

7. abbzgrl

Aug 4, 2014
    Hilliard Florida
    I also agree that the darker hen is a partridge Wyandotte. She has the same type feathers as the golden lace just darker.

8. StarMeKritten

StarMeKritten Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    Moore County, NC
    I think the white one is a white rock. That would explain your brown eggs. :)

9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Check her earlobes. They look white to me in the picture which is why I thought she was a White Leghorn. If I'm not see the red earlobes but she has them, then she is a White Rock. If her earlobes are white but she's laying a beige colored egg (light brown), she might be an Austra White. Austra Whites usually have a considerable number of black spots, but sometimes you get one that is virtually void of black spots. The other possibility is a White Leghorn/White Rock cross.

10. abbzgrl

Aug 4, 2014
    Hilliard Florida
    [​IMG] took this today. These pics are only a few weeks apart. They grew so fast.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by