Can someone tell me what breed of chicken are these chickens?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by valleychicks, Jan 21, 2014.

1. valleychicks

valleychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    This is a picture of some of my neighbors chickens. They are very friendly and fun to watch. I asked my neighbor what breed they were, but he just says they are Game Chickens. We are new to raising chickens and will be getting our first ever chickens in May. :)
    I placed the order to My Pet Chicken in November. We will be getting 2 Easter Eggers, 2 Cochin (1 blue adn 1 partridge), 2 Buff Orpington, 1 Delaware, 2 Red Star and 1 Dominique. I am so excited and have been trying to learn everything I possibly can about raising chickens. I would really like to know what breed these are in the picture so that we can also try to get some like these. Thank you!

2. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    They look like EEs, do you have any close up pics of them?

3. valleychicks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here are the only other two pictures I have of them. My favorite two of the four in the bottom picture are the black with white specks rooster on the right (also pictured in the above pic) and the little black and gray hen on the left. I thought they were EE's but wasn't sure. Thank you for any help you can give me.

4. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Yes, you where right, they are EE's. :)

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Good luck with your new flock and enjoy BYC!

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Pretty EEs, they come in lots of neat colors. If you like the black w/white speckles you might want to look into Anconas or Exchequer Leghorns or breeds that come in mottled (some hatcheries have Cochins in that). I think that little hen would be considered birchen colored, Cackle has bantam Cochin in birchen.

7. valleychicks

Thanks! I thought they were EE's. Can some EE's be a lot smaller than others? The little hen is so tiny compared to the others. Would that mean she is a Bantam?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  8. cackleberrycam

cackleberrycam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2013
    [​IMG] EEs.

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    EEs come in Bantam also, they tend to be about 1/3 of the size of the standard ones .. they are popular and most big hatcheries carry them (usually incorrectly called Ameraucana), but usually only in mixed colors so it is sort of a grab bag what you get color wise http://www.cacklehatchery.com/aruracanabantam.html for example

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by