Can someone tell me what breed these chicks are??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Jaimi, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Jaimi

Jaimi Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2008
    North Central Alabama
    I got them out of the "assorted pullet" bin and Tractor Supply. I couldnt resist! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Theoreticlly, they COULD possiable be bantams b/c there were some really small grey chicks in the bin too, but I don't think they are...but I could be wrong..

2. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    If I were to guess I'd say black sex-link and a partridge rock but it is really hard to tell at such a young age.

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    well, the striped ones look like EE's (aka Americauna's). i'm not sure. the brown ones - well, i have no idea, but they sure are cute!! Hope this helps! ):

4. suburbanfarmer

suburbanfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2007
    Point Reyes Station, CA
    I agree that the lighter one is for sure an EE of some kind. The darker one I am giving a guess with black sex-link?

5. Jaimi

Jaimi Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2008
    North Central Alabama
    I think I'll just go back and ask tomarro! Do you think they would know? The did have some RIR's in a seperate bin, so maybe they will...
    Also, I think I am going to see if they can order me a few other types; I'd love a dominique and a silver seabright. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] I gotten bit by the chick bug...again!
    Thanks!

6. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    They probably won't have a clue - but you might get lucky!

I have some that look just like that stripey one that I picked up at TSC last week and I'm HOPING they are EErs.

7. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I doubt its an EE, wrong leg color and I think I see a single comb.

8. Jaimi

Jaimi Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2008
    North Central Alabama
    I'll try to get some better pics tomarrow when they are settled in better; Maybe that'll help.
    And just one more ?: Do I need to add anything to their water, like sugar or something? The borwn one is VERY active, the the black one isn't quite so much. She isn't sluggish or anything, just not quite AS active.
    TAT!

9. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Brown Leghorn and Black Sexlink!
    Good Luck with them!
    [​IMG]

10. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    OMG I got some too yesterday at TSC. Same kind as yours. I also got 3 bantams but haven't a clue as to what they are. I've never raised bantams so this is a new venture for me. But those lil babies are soooooo cute. I've never seen such tiny lil things, one of the bantams is black w'feathered feet. So I wonder what type of cochin breed it might be. Guess only time will tell. I'm just so happy my broodies adopted them all last night. They have new babies and the babies have that sweet love only a mom can give.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by