Can someone tell me what I'm looking at here? Roosters with odd crows?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BlazenAngel, Feb 28, 2013.

1. BlazenAngel

BlazenAngel Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2013
    Puerto Rico
    Well I was on youtube, looking at chicken vids and came across something odd... My first thought after watching this video was "How could people sleep at night with these Roosters around?"

Sorry if this is the wrong section for this, I'm not sure if it is or not. I'm new. [​IMG]

2. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    hi and welcome! to some people a crowing rooster is music to their ears! and to others it's like fingers on a chalk board! it just depends on which side your on. if it's music to your ears it sounds quite lovely to the person and actually realxing! believe it or not! but true! however you your the other type, it could easily drive you crazy! likely the owners are the first type of people. it likely doesn't bother them a bit. now the neighbors might be a different story! :)

3. BlazenAngel

Feb 28, 2013
    Puerto Rico
    Thank you! Haha I love Rooster crows, I hear them all the time (living on the countryside of Puerto Rico where everybody has chickens and Roos) infact as I type this, I hear one crowing in the distance. [​IMG] However this Roo's crow is a bit... out of the ordinary for me.

I guess, If there were any around here though I'd get use to it over time.

4. Lol! That video makes me think of my hens screaming for seed!

5. tadpole98

tadpole98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Missouri
    its like music to my ears when i hear my roosters crow. But that? that was drive me insane!! [​IMG]

6. TXchickmum

TXchickmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    North Texas
    HA!!! What a hoot! I love to hear a rooster crowing! -had two bantam roos that I used to bring in at 4:30 every morning. They would perch in the laundry room and crow for about 2 hours. -hubby and I would sip coffee to the dueling crows - greatness! Our neighbors weren't as thrilled about them crowing at various times throughout the day. We rehomed. I do miss the cheerful morning crowing.....

7. dretd

dretd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Ft Collins, CO
  8. BlazenAngel

Feb 28, 2013
    Puerto Rico
    They are for people who don't want to sleep at night! [​IMG]

The Kuro Gashiwa is absolutely gorgeous. I wonder how rare they are nowadays. Or if they are at all, hmmm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by