Can someone tell me what these are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jrsqlc, Jan 5, 2010.

1. jrsqlc

jrsqlc Obsessed with Peafowl

Dec 22, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    Can someone tell me what these are? I was told Speckeled RIR? I have never heard of those though!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I was told this roo is a RIR.[​IMG]

And in this picture I need to know the about the bird in the front on the right, and the one in the center in the back
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the help everyone!!

2. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    If the gold laced females are rosecombed, they are most likely Golden Laced Wyandottes.

The male – what type of comb does he have?

The female on the right in you last picture might be a Welsummer. The female in the back might be an Australorp – does she have any red or her chest or neck?

3. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    The Rooster isnt a Rhode Island Red.
    He looks to have a Peacomb so I would say he was a Buckeye cross.

Chris

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    All I can say is you definitely do NOT have any RIR there.

The females with the lacing appear to be wyandottes. The male, I'm not sure.

5. CelticMoon1

CelticMoon1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Sure, they're golden laced. Not at all Wyandotte type though... They look Leghorn type... Looks like they have white-ish ear lobes, Wyandottes should have red. Is it possible that they are someone's golden laced leghorn project? I have not seen even hatchery Wyandottes that lean and with that type.

6. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Don't quote me on this... but I think they are chickens [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Couldn't resist [​IMG]

7. CelticMoon1

CelticMoon1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  8. smarsh2

smarsh2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    the roo is likely the same as the hens, what ever that is. the color is golden laced but they have little wyandotte in them. they may be a cross between wyandotte and brown leghorn, i think i see some white ear lobe. you have one hen that may be a welsummer or again a brown leghorn crossed with something.

9. hottexaschick

hottexaschick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2008
    Collin County, Texas
    [​IMG] I don't know but they sure are pretty.

10. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    Don't know but pretty sure they a crosses. They could be a line set by someone. I thought in the first pic that the dark one was black....but in the other pics she seams to have some of the same coloring as the others....which really makes me think cross. The roo could be anything.....he very well could have RIR in him. I crossed my black Sexlink roo with gold Sexlink hens and got roos that look similar to yours and some red ones that looked like that but had laced breast feathers, and of course the odd colors. If you are into breeding I would say try hatching a doz or so and see what comes out....most the time if they are not pure or the line is not set you will have hatchlings that look different than the parents and each other.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by