Can someone tell me what this tiny bird is

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 007Dawn, May 3, 2009.

1. 007Dawn

007Dawn Out Of Coop

Apr 29, 2009
    You can see in the image that she is sitting in my hand. She is also about 5-6 weeks old. Very tiny, very sweet chirp and she still acts like a new born, freshly hatched. She goes for heat more often and sleeps a bit more than the chickens. She has always done that!

But either way she is my baby and is so sweet but I don't know what she is?

Thank you.

ok i got her in my avator because it was the only way I could get it to do it. I'm missing something.

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    click on uploads on the byc menu bar ^^^^ way up there

3. emilyweck

emilyweck Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Eugene, Oregon
    I've only done this once or twice but you go to uploads (it's on the blue highlighted bar toward the top of the page), click that and select "choose file", then it will let you browse your computer for the photo. Select the photo, it will bring you back to this site and then you select "upload". It will take a moment, but it will upload your photo.

Once this is done right click the photo and "copy" it. Go back to your post and past it into your post. This should do the trick. Good luck and I can't wait to see your little baby!

4. 007Dawn

007Dawn Out Of Coop

Apr 29, 2009
    Anyone?[​IMG]

5. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I can't tell b/c the pic is so small, but judging by her size I would say an oegb.. maybe a bb red?

6. 007Dawn

007Dawn Out Of Coop

Apr 29, 2009
    Thank you if the picture is to small if you click on my page I have two pictures of her on there that are larger. I just for some reason was not able to paste on here.

7. emilyweck

Apr 9, 2009
    Eugene, Oregon
    What color are her legs?

8. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

First of all, is it a chicken?

It is awfully small for a 5 week old, even for a bantam. I couldn't see a comb in the picture.

Where did it come from if it isn't a chicken? What did the egg look like?

9. 007Dawn

007Dawn Out Of Coop

Apr 29, 2009
    We are not sure if she is a chicken. That is what we are trying to figure out! She came with a groupe of chicks we bought 4 weeks ago!

They all have grown and gotten BIG but she hasn't grown a hair!

Her feet are like a warm flesh and they look like minature chicken legs. But her peep is different.

She uses one of the larger chicks as a pillow and hangs out with her but she just doesnt' look like a chicken. She is sweet!

10. emilyweck

Apr 9, 2009
    Eugene, Oregon
    I'm a newbie, too. So this may sound strange, but do you think it could be a button quail??? I've never seen one, but that would answer the size question????????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by