Can somone please tell me what these are? (Knitting Supplies)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunny & the 5 egg layers, Aug 14, 2011.

1. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    So I just learned how to knit a few days ago and I have some knitting supplies that came with a kit that I have had for years. But I don't know what these supplies are called or what they are used for. Could someone who knows how to knit please help me?

Here is a picture of them:
    [​IMG]

Thank you in advance. [​IMG]

2. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    The big safety pin thing is to put your knitting on after you take it off the needles to keep it from unraveling. The thing with the holes is to measure your needles and whatever else needs measuring. Not sure about the small white rings.

And yes, I used to know how to knit.

3. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    The white rings are stitch markers, used to count stitches in things like cable patterns and garments.

4. peepacheep

peepacheep Chillin' With My Peeps

The blue and white thingy is a row/stitch counter. It can be slipped onto a needle so it is handy to change the number each time a row is completed. I use these all the time for sock heels and lace patterns. Have fun knitting. It can be a addicting as BYC!

5. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Thank you guys!

I just found another thing:
    [​IMG]
    What is it and what's it used for?

Thanks again! [​IMG]

6. littlefork

littlefork Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    Thats a cable needle used to hold stitches either in front of or in back of your work to make the twist in a cable pattern. The blue thing on the end is used to keep your stitches from coming off the needles when you are not knitting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by