1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can the chickens help with a Euro mount ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TexasChicken12, Dec 21, 2014.

1. TexasChicken12

TexasChicken12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2014
    I shot my first buck a almost a week ago. We have already processed the meat ourselves. My dad and I were going to try and do a European mount ourselves. Has anyone tried giving the skinned skull to the chickens to pick some of the meat off and spead up the process? Would it damage the skull or be harmful to the chickens? Any help is very much appreciated! :D

2. Eagleeyeice

Eagleeyeice Chillin' With My Peeps

Interesting concept, except there's a lot of stuff/brains inside the skull that they won't be able to get at, to say nothing of is it OK for them to eat.
    If you want to know how to do one, message me. I've done 4 now. and did another one this year. not hard at all.

3. TexasChicken12

TexasChicken12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2014
    I know they couldn't get at the brains and whatnot. I was just wondering if they could eat some of the stuff off the outside to speed up the process without harming the skull or themselves. Thank you for the offer, I'll think about it (and see if I can figure out how to message). Thanks for your help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by