Can they all get along?

daisyneuroth

Hatching
Feb 16, 2015
We are starting our flock. I'm wanting to integrate 16 three month old lavenders with 5 seven month old americanas and a seven month old rooster. They all came from the same farm but she didn't coop them together.
Will they be fine all going into the same coop? Or should they be separated? The coop is very large and round.

hi! i suggest introducing them together just to see how your Americanas and rooster react. if the little ones get picked on at first, don't worry unless their getting really hurt, the older ones are just trying to establish their pecking order. once they get used to the new ones the pecking and feather pulling shouldnt be as bad. it might take a few months for them to become a proper flock. hope this helps! good luck!

We are starting our flock. I'm wanting to integrate 16 three month old lavenders with 5 seven month old americanas and a seven month old rooster. They all came from the same farm but she didn't coop them together.
Will they be fine all going into the same coop? Or should they be separated? The coop is very large and round.
If you have a large enough space(how big is your coop and run in feet by feet?-pics are good) putting them all into that 'new to them' space at the same time might work out well. Have lots of space, multiple feed/water stations, places to hide up and away from aggressors all help ease the merging.

Back
Top Bottom