Can they eat Bologna?

OliviaDeHav

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 21, 2010
I know.... odd question?? maybe it is odd??? My son bought some bologna.....forgetting what it actually TASTES like and what is IN it!! We have eaten mostly organic foods, nothing processed (except him and his junk that HE buys!).... and he thought he'd love the bologna... only you can't go home again.... So i have this bologna and i thought, i wonder if this is too spicy for the chickens? i wonder if they will eat it... My chickens are SO picky! they turn their noses up at most everything or will just kind of poke at it... they went NUTS
droolin.gif
over the bologna! I didn't give them too much as i was really not sure about it... i didn't find it anywhere listed.....
thoughts???

i give mine bologna and also sometimes some hot dog weenies
but only when i try to get them to do something..like a treat for training
its weird to train a chicken for tricks but it works..i call a roundhead cockerel i have and i just tap
on my shoulder and jumps up..he knows
lol anyway yea i think it is fine for them to eat it just in a moderate amount or they will throw up..
saw it happen to my silver phoenix who got cranky and didnt want to wait for his piece he jump up
on my arm took and ate the whole thing :S

Quote:
Are you talking fried pig intestines???
sickbyc.gif
is that chitterlings??? sorry.... i mean....yummmmmm
th.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
oh i am sooooooooo glad i am done eating....the thought of chicken puking up bologna... ewwwwwwwww
That is a wonderful idea for training! Right now i am just trying to get them to go to their special spot in the yard, they are doing it now and going back to the coop on their own... they are 6 & 9 weeks old.... They have potential! But with how much they LOVE the bologna.... that would work great! Thanks for the idea!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Wow! i wonder what it is about bologna! mine are SO picky and they went absolutly NUTS over the bologna!

Quote:
oh i am sooooooooo glad i am done eating....the thought of chicken puking up bologna... ewwwwwwwww
That is a wonderful idea for training! Right now i am just trying to get them to go to their special spot in the yard, they are doing it now and going back to the coop on their own... they are 6 & 9 weeks old.... They have potential! But with how much they LOVE the bologna.... that would work great! Thanks for the idea!
thumbsup.gif

yea its a bad image..sorry
but its a great training trick..sure thing
smile.png

The salt and preservatives are not the best thing in the food chain for chickens to eat, but they LOVE them. Then think of all the junk food we humans stuff in our bodies.

Back
Top Bottom