1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can this be? a Naked Neck Buff Orp?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by okiechick57, Mar 18, 2008.

1. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

This is my buff showgirls baby.........BUT,sure looks like the daddys genes are showing up.she is not fluffy.....she is naked neck........but with buff orp feathering happening......nnbo? :eek: Shouldn't a show girl be all fluff?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one is some sort of feather footed bantam. I had several kinds.including a cochin....and d'uccles..........silver spangled roo daddy? weird looking babies that is for sure. they are now about 3 weeks old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  2. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    It could be a naked neck crossed with a buff oprington since the nn would have the doniment gene.
    Nice chicks. [​IMG]

Good luck

3. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Sweet+Looks like a tiny buff emu...Lol [​IMG]

Just wondering what type of comb does it have????

Charlie

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I am not familiar with showgirls, but isn't it possible to get some regular feathering as well as silkie feathering based on the genetics of crossing a naked neck with a silkie? I would think so, but could be missing something here.

Jody

5. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    If they are in the first few crossings like F1 or F2 then yes there still can be regular feathering. It takes many crosses to get to have true Showgirls breed true. If it has 5 toes and the dark skin then it is still carring the silkie gene and just had regular feathering. Jenn

6. okiechick57

Quote:It does not have a comb yet ! the feathering is totally unlike a silkie.the mom is a showgirl.....dad is a buff orp......just wondering if it will be naked neck and built like a showgirl with freathered feet....but the rest of it feathered like a buff orp......now this will be interesting wont it.... it has 5 toes on one foot and 4 on the other and has the dark skin............hope the others dont make too much fun of her [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  7. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    A crossed silkie/showgirl/nakedneck???

OMG What have you done?????? [​IMG]

8. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:I'm sure the silkie made her do it. They're evil, it's all part of their plan to.... TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! [​IMG]

9. okiechick57

Quote:she is silknakedbuff or buffsilkienaked [​IMG]

10. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    I like nakedsilkie but then again nakedanything is always good. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by