Can this be posable?.....

Cluckcluck1215

Free Ranging
8 Years
Jan 21, 2016
Found.
I don't know if a posted in the right section(probly should have gone in what breed and/or gender)

Ok, so.i have a 4 and a half month old Easter egger/or PR.but I posted a thread asking what breed she was, and two-three people said a BB red game hen.hwy I don't think this is posable is cause she came from a feed store.blue seal to be exact.could it really be posable that she is reallly a BB red game hen?
(Also, I'm NOT judging whoever told me she was a BB red game hen.Im NOT)

Yes. Feed stores often mix the bins on accident, and when you get people picking the chicks up etc they don't put them back in the same bin

Yes. Feed stores often mix the bins on accident, and when you get people picking the chicks up etc they don't put them back in the same bin

Ok,I get that if I got them from TSC.but I didn't.they had them in a thing(like a shelf)no one but the people that worked there could have gotten into them.and they didnt have game birds eather.so, could could it just be mistake they thought it was a mufless EE and they just tossed in there?

Ok,I get that if I got them from TSC.but I didn't.they had them in a thing(like a shelf)no one but the people that worked there could have gotten into them.and they didnt have game birds eather.so, could could it just be mistake they thought it was a mufless EE and they just tossed in there?

Hatcheries also make mistakes which is the next most likely possibility. So at the hatchery I was put somewhere were it shouldn't have been

Just too clarify...Not all EEs have muffs...I have EEs and Ameruacana pullets....Two EEs have no muffs...One has a muff....

Hope this helped...A photo would be better, but not important...

Cheers!

I know.i already asked on here.two or three people said she is a BB red game hen.

I looked at your post on the "What Breed or Gender is This?" section of the forum. You got several different answers - BB Red Game, mixed breed or Muffless EE. She could be any of the above -she doesn't seem to have any distinctive markings strongly suggesting one breed or another in particular. I'm not sure what you're looking for here? I guess you'll have a better idea when she starts laying. If EE, she might give you a green or blue egg.

I just googled BB Red Game Hens and found this link: http://breedsavers.blogspot.com/2011/04/standard-old-english-game-fowl.html

Look at the bottom picture. Looks a lot like your girl.

I'm still trying to figure out the question here. You're wondering how you ended up with that particular breed of bird? As others have said - a mistake was likely made somewhere along the line - at the hatchery or the store you bought her from. It happens.

Back
Top Bottom