Can this little guy possibly be shown by Fall? Japanese BTB PICS

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by FarmerFaith, Jan 9, 2011.

1. FarmerFaith

FarmerFaith Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2010
    Trinity NC
    Hello my name is Cricket, because I am a master cricket hunter! My Mom bought me out of a assorted bantam bin and now she is starting to think I'm looking pretty good!

All kidding aside, this is my 8-9 week old Japanese BTB. He displays all the characteristics of a great chicken, in and out of the coop. I was sad when I discovered he was a Cockerel but I adore him too much to let him (or one of his coop brothers) go just yet. It took a while for me to pin point his exact breed but now that I have I think he may be ready to enter the poultry contest in October (as a Cockerel) at the Fair. There is a category for clean legged J. BTB and I think he meets all the criteria so far.
    Any opinions on his leg length? They are short true to the breed but he kept insisting on laying down when I was taking photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here are some rear photos of him going back into the coop, you can notice the legs a bit more here
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here he was just a couple weeks ago before moving into the coop.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  2. Jacklynn

Jacklynn Chillin' With My Peeps

What I have to say is of no help BUT he's adorable. [​IMG]

3. FarmerFaith

FarmerFaith Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2010
    Trinity NC
    Quote:Thank you! [​IMG] I will let him know you think so, tee hee. He's a great little chicken.

4. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    i betchoo he could be shown

5. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    While his legs may appear short compared to your other birds they are too long for a Japanese Bantam. As an adult his shank should be about 3/4" from the hock joint to the foot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by