Can two birds that have 5 toes have a 4 toe baby and the other way around?

Most likely. What breed is your 5 toed rooster and do the babies look like him otherwise? (skin color, feathering, etc.).:)
He’s a silkie. The dark one on the right and the three white ones are his bc those are the ones with 5 toes.

Attachments

• 1E0E6B91-E306-475E-86AD-D1916BE9715A.jpeg
    1E0E6B91-E306-475E-86AD-D1916BE9715A.jpeg
    542 KB · Views: 6
  • 07F238FD-2742-4D0B-BE6C-27AE5D44F1BC.jpeg
    07F238FD-2742-4D0B-BE6C-27AE5D44F1BC.jpeg
    496.1 KB · Views: 6
He’s a silkie. The dark one on the right and the three white ones are his bc those are the ones with 5 toes.
Makes perfect sense then as silkie crosses often have 5 toes. Do you know what breed or leg coloring that the mother has? If you do, you may be able to determine what gender the chicks are.😊

Makes perfect sense then as silkie crosses often have 5 toes. Do you know what breed or leg coloring that the mother has? If you do, you may be able to determine what gender the chicks are.😊
Well the mothers are undetermined. It’s a barnyard mix lol. But I think it’s only the Americans that have the Gray legs. One of the white ones are an Americana.

yes, the chick with 5 toes most likely came from the rooster with 5 toes
and aww they are cute I have a hen that has 5 toes on one foot and 4 on the other 😂❤ (if your wondering the chick is a mix between a houdan and a buckeye rooster)
Wow that’s cool! I need to check for that lol. And a silkie is the mother hen taking care of them lol and she has no chicks that are hers.

We have two roosters. One with 4 toes and one with 5. 4/5 of the babies have 5 toes. Does that mean the 5 tie babies come from the 5 toe rooster?

The 5-toe babies definitely came from the 5-toe rooster. If you breed these babies when they're older, their offspring might only have 4 toes. Since they're mixes, those genes are only in there for a 50% chance when they're bred.

Wow that’s cool! I need to check for that lol. And a silkie is the mother hen taking care of them lol and she has no chicks that are hers.
123140665_200804238111504_993639928394152868_n.jpg
there's a picture. also she had spraddle leg that's why there's a brace on her (her legs are perfect now she is 19 weeks now). and I love the silkie taking care of the babies that's precious☺

Well the mothers are undetermined. It’s a barnyard mix lol. But I think it’s only the Americans that have the Gray legs. One of the white ones are an Americana.
Only works with hens with pink and yellow legs I believe. I am no expert but I am looking into this as well with my flock. The female chicks will have dark skin and the male chicks will have light skin.😊

Back
Top Bottom