Can u help me identify my chickens?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by PortugalBantam, Nov 8, 2014.

1. PortugalBantam

PortugalBantam Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2014
    Portugal
    I know the Speckled Sussex but what Bout the black one with faint white markings and the buff one? [​IMG]

2. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    SS do not have feathered shanks and toes. Plus it looks like a bantam in comparison to the others. I would say Mille Fleur X. The B/W looks more like a cuckoo maran than barred rock. The brown on is a rooster but can't tell the breed. The one you can only see her neck looks like a welsummer or light brown leghorn. Need better pictures.

3. PortugalBantam

Nov 8, 2014
    Portugal
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. PortugalBantam

Nov 8, 2014
    Portugal
    Cuckoo Maran! Thank you. I posted some more pics. What do you think about the buff one?

5. Sunshine0235

Sunshine0235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Lebanon Ohio
    The spotted one could be from a calico cochin project.

Brown one might a be a brown rosecomb leghorn, only thing off is leg color.

The buff looks a little bit like a golden necked d'uccle, colorwise, but not much else.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  6. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    Brown leghorn (white lobe). Odd comb is it damaged? Don't know of the caramel/white but that's a typical Mille Fleur color too so she could be a X as well.

7. PortugalBantam

Nov 8, 2014
    Portugal
    Definitely not a brown leghorn. It's the smallest of all my chickens. I think she is a Dutch bantam.

8. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    They definitely look like they have some bantam in them. two of them have feathered feet I would guess that they have some cochin in them, and the brown one with the slick legs looks like shes at least half game. the rooster in the back round looks part game as well.

9. PortugalBantam

Nov 8, 2014
    Portugal
    Holy cow. calico Cochin. Never heard of it. Looked it up and there's my hen. Also my rooster is the same breed as her so I actually have a pair of calico Cochins. Cool! Thanks.

10. PortugalBantam

Nov 8, 2014
    Portugal
    I stand corrected. The little one might be a brown leghorn. I was confused and thought brown leghorns were dark mahogany color.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by