Can u help me identify these bantam chicks please?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rebelprince76, Sep 13, 2010.

1. rebelprince76

rebelprince76 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2008
    Western Massachusetts
    I ordered 30 bantam chicks for $30 from Privett Hatchery. The only problem is I have no idea what breed most of them are.

This little guy was yellowish until he started to feather. His feathers are snow white. He/she also has feather legs. What could he be?
    [​IMG]

These guys looked like little chipmunks when they first arrived. This is them now. Any idea what they are?
    [​IMG]

This little guy has feather legs and is a dirty brown color.
    [​IMG]

This sweet chick is white and tanish with a very nice pattern. Anyone know what it is?
    [​IMG]

And lastly there's this little guy. All the others came with 3 or more of the same kind but this one was the only one of it's kind. I'm thinking cochin maybe but not sure. Also he's mostly black with some dark brown on his face but just today I noticed some white specks on it's wing. Any idea?
    [​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    the "dirty brown" one is a Mille Fluer D'Uccle

the striped chipmunk, now spotted one, is likely an Old English Game Bantam

the white one with feathered feet is probably a white Cochin

the sweet, patterned one - what does its comb look like?

the last one is probably another Cochin.

3. rebelprince76

rebelprince76 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2008
    Western Massachusetts
    Thank you so much for your post. the chick with the sweet pattern has little to no comb so far. I also have another chick that I want to post a pic of. It was completely white from day one and is feathering white as well. No feather legs and more of a gamey body type.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    So the sweet one has no lumps, no sawtooth edge? It could be a Wyandotte bantam, but I don't know if Privett does BLRW bantams.

5. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    The sweet chick may be a white laced red cornish seeing as though it has such bright yellow legs and what appears to be a pea comb. I recieved one in my bantam assortment from Ideal who looked very much like yours at that age! It might be easier to tell if you got a frontal picture of him/her. They have a wide breast and look stocky compared to other chicks.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by