Can Vegas Boys & Girls Club borrow your incubator for a month?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Vegas BnG Club, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Vegas BnG Club

Vegas BnG Club New Egg

Feb 5, 2015
    Hi! The Boys & Girls Club of Southern Nevada is looking to borrow an incubator (on loan) to teach the kids how to grow their coop! We don't have the budget to buy one -we have donated laying hens and a great (donated) coop at this point, and want to see if we can make the project chirp first with some babies to raise and carefully grow the kids' flock.

The hens we have are laying great! We have a rooster on loan for the week and need to collect those eggs to do some incubating! Let me know if you're interested in helping out - we serve underprivileged kids 5-18 years - and there are 250-300 kids in the location with the coop daily. The club kids LOVE their feathered friends the laying hens! We're always open to give you the coop tour if you come by the Lied Memorial location.

Contact me (Blake) either on the forum here or feel free to email me or call the office (702)253-2808 or [email protected] to help or inquire if you want to volunteer! We need you!

Rock on chicken peeps. Hopefully we can bring more chickens to the kids!

-Blake

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    I suggest you call your county extension agent and talk to them, in the phone book or find them online. There is a good chance they can line you up with someone that can help you out.

3. Vegas BnG Club

Vegas BnG Club New Egg

Feb 5, 2015
    That's a great idea. Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by