Can we please change the language sent to bidders who not bidding

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by bargain, Aug 22, 2011.

1. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    the minimum reserve.

I've been explaining to the bidders that they did not meet the minimum reserve and it has gotten several concerned and they keep discussing the point that BYC said they Won...

Although the minimum reserve is discussed in the information from BYC, apparently the fact that they get the e mail at the end of the auction really makes them very confused.

Please let me know if you have any questions about my suggestion.

I really think this would make it clearer for bidders and sellers.

Thanks and have a blessed day. Nancy

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback. We're making some changes to the system that will hopefully help take care of this.

3. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Thanks so much!!! That just made my Day. You are all so fast to answer questions and kind on top of it all!!!! Have a blessed day! Nancy

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks! We always listen to feedback and ideas. Some things we may disagree with or are unable to implement, but we always listen. [​IMG]

With that said, please keep in mind that these changes we have lined up may take a while to implement because they are part of a bigger picture. We'll keep you posted with more details.

[​IMG]

5. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    [​IMG] I will wait patiently but so happy we'll have some new changes on this!!! [​IMG]

6. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    [​IMG] I don't think you should use a reserve. It is confusing to too many people. (not me)
    If you want no less than $25.00 a dozen of eggs ( I am not referring to you [​IMG] just throwing a number out there) I think you should start the bid at $25.00. It makes it simple for people that dont exactly read all the directions, dont really understand the concept of a reserve and saves you a headache. [​IMG]g

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  7. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Mama wolfe, I usually post my eggs out when I'm not hatching (due to lack of space:)) or incubator out of commission)

So I start the auctions lower than my normal selling price here. That gives my beloved BYC members a chance for a bargain (and that is my name:weee)

So that's why I don't start at the reserve price. Also some of us like bidding (I'm definitely one!) although my last few auctions I didn't win but that's okay! Nice to see the input. Have a fun and blessed day. Nancy

8. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Quote:There are always good things and techno-magick at play behind the scenes on BYC and the sister forums.

9. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    Good morning Nancy [​IMG]
    I think you misunderstood me, which is perfectly normal I am clear as mud most of the time. [​IMG]
    I dont mean use the buy it now system, because I love [​IMG] to bid. I just meant to start the eggs at the bottom $ you will take for them.
    I personally wont bid on any eggs that have a reserve "unless" the seller has posted it in their listing what the reserve is.
    I will just find another auction with the same eggs I am looking for and bid on them.
    I just think sometimes people dont read all the sticky's and all of the auction posting and they think they can get 12 let's say BCM for .99 cents, and the resereve is actually $35.00. They just dont get it. [​IMG]

But remember it is just a suggestion, not that I think a reserve is wrong in any way. [​IMG]

Have a great day [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Terri

10. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    I agree with the idea that all auctions should be a no-reserve or buy it now at a fixed price no bidding. It is really not fair in the traditional sense that the seller wants the benefit of an auction to get the best price by bids but takes no risk by setting minimum prices other than a no-sale (which leads to the next buyer getting old eggs). I personally will not bid on reserved items when non-reserve are available. The seller should list that the auction is a no-reserve or reserved in addition to a minimum price, which is really not an auction. This is not meant to anyone in particular but the system itself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by