Can We Poll for an Organic Section?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by FrontPorchIndiana, Jul 11, 2008.

1. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Just wondering? Would it be possible to poll the crowd here to see if there would be enough interest for a Going Organic forum? Such as organic feeds, natural cures, sustainability issues, etc.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  2. CUDA

CUDA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Edited to remove link to other chicken forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2008
  3. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    I'm up for that!

4. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    FP Indiana,
    I am REALLY interested in raising chickens the Organic way, and I am wondering if we could do some discussions here on BYC Forum, rather than starting a new forum -- maybe there could be a new topic under the INDEX list even??
    The reason being that I would enjoy sharing info on Organic methods with others who often have good info, and because there are so many Organic sites dealing with topics like sustainability and gardening, etc., but I don't think these sites deal with Chickens and Organic methods.

Personally I find many people on BYC do a LOT of medications for worming, parasites, nutrition, etc., and still consider themselves organic. I would not consider using medicated feed or chemical wormers etc Organic at all.

(Cuda, I did not find any discussion about Organic methods on your link. Maybe I passed it, but when I clicked on topics like diseases and worming, it recommended chemical treatments, which are not considered Organic. If I was looking in the wrong area, please let me know).

What is your thought about keeping the discussion here? I think there are many others who would be up for it as well.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  5. Arctichicken

Arctichicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Tasmania, Australia
    Quote:I completely agree with that!!! I'm up for learning all I can about Organics and natural living...let's do it!

6. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    One of you might try pm'ing Nifty. Maybe he'll let us have an Organic & Free-range Section.

7. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:That's funny, I just asked him (but via his thread, not via PM)!

8. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Funny, I just read the other thread! [​IMG]

9. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]

10. CUDA

CUDA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Edited to remove link to other chicken forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by