Can we save some of these recipes?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by halo, Jan 30, 2008.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Theres some GREAT stuff in these threads. Is there anyway to do some sort of on-line cookbook where we could save some of these individual recipes. Theres some honkin good ones here.

2. ZuniBee

ZuniBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    I am in the process of finishing an online cookbook and was planning on asking BYC folks to contirbute recipes. Anyone interested in contributing recipes?

Rob, if you want it part of BYC thats fine with me or I can host it. Either way, I'll volunteer to maintain it if people will support it.

3. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Wouldnt it be a great addition to this web site? After all, we ALL have (or soon will have) eggs, and a lot of us raise meat chickens, even if we can't find anyone to process them for us. Im always looking for a good chicken or egg recipe, and have found lots of great ones here.

4. ZuniBee

ZuniBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    Here is a link to what I have been working on. I'm still formatting but you can get the idea.....

Cook Book

Thoughts?

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I like how its broken down into individual meals and appetizers. Makes it easier to find what you're looking for.

6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Zunibee, that's fantastic!!! Just the thing for the forum! I'd buy a print copy if it ever comes to that!

I have a recipe to contribute. I guess I can just post it here?

And of course, there will have to be twenty pages of Dunky Eggs!

7. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    So far I have been highlighting the entire recipe and doing a copy/paste in my wordpad then "save" under a recipe folder on my computer. I do this with any recipe on line and have lots that I use every day.

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I maintain my own recipe blog for my recipes. I have for several years now.

9. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    ZuniBee

Nice idea. But I just make another folder in my favorits file,
    Like Chickens, Pugs, Recipes and every time I find one I just click save to favorites and find the proper venue and add it.
    It works for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by