Can we say, "Overrun with chickens"???

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Buster, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Ok, time to be done practice hatching until the weather gets better. 28 chickens outside, 4 quail and about 8 five week old chicks in brooders in the garage, and then this scene in the basement:

[​IMG]

30 one week old chicks in the big brooder, 6 3-4 week old chicks in the middle one, and 20 chicks in the smaller brooder with more still hatching in the incubator.

2. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    Overrun with chickens! lol....what kind of chickens do you have?

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Chickies!! That's what my basements about to look like [​IMG]

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:It would be easier to list the chickens I DON'T have. [​IMG]

Most of these are Orps and Orp crosses. They are all for sale or sold, except for my Orp project birds.

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:That is my basement. We didn't have enough furniture to furnish it when we moved in so it seemed like a good place to set the incubators up in. Then came the brooders, and the chicks, and the bedding, and the feed.....

6. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    haha you should see my basement....its not finished and these chicks figured how to climb out of their brooder at 2week old, and yet i had some in there until they were 2 months old and they never got out! Wierdos, now i get to go sweep up poo off the basement floor everyday haha

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

My basement is finished, so I have a lot of vacuuming instead LOL.

There are now around 67 chicks in the basement. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by