1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you age my chickie?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Kirstyaa, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Kirstyaa

Kirstyaa Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2007
    Suffolk, England
    I don't think this is the right forum but i dont suppose it matters! Long story, but cutting it short, i would really appreciate it if someone could take a clever guess and tell me how old my chickie is please! I've had her a week tomorrow, but i dont know how old she was when i found her. her wing feathers are growing more and i an see teeny tail feathers just beginning to peek through if that helps at all. (Shes growing so fast! I had to swap her box over because she began jumping out! [​IMG])

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She sure does poop a lot as well! :p

2. chickens^^

chickens^^ Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2007
    West Virginia
    hmmm.... well I am only 3 but I would suppose no more than a month old. and more than a week old if tomorrow makes 1 week with you having her. I am sure that others here will help you more than me.

3. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    Well, I may not be right but I would guess about 2 weeks. It still has a lot of fluff to it. I have 4 week chicks that has a lot more feathers than that.

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    1-2 weeks.

Jody

5. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    Tail feather and shoulder feathers just started poking out on my leghorns at 1 1/2 wks, my rir waited til 2 wks. However- i think this timing varies between sexes of the same breed, too. My guess is that yours can't be over 2 weeks old.

6. Kirstyaa

Kirstyaa Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2007
    Suffolk, England
    She is still very fluffy [​IMG] Thankyou for your replies!

7. zimmy

zimmy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Orlando
    That's what I was thinkin' :3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by