Can you all help me make a BIG decision?!?

Chicken0Boy

Songster
9 Years
Feb 27, 2010
Upstate of South Carolina
Ok so i have found three choices! They all come with cages, and I think toys too!
big_smile.png
Can you all give me advice on which I should go after!?
ya.gif
I am so excited.

Choice 1: http://asheville.craigslist.org/clt/1764198607.html I like this one, but i am not sure.
hmm.png

Choice 2: http://greenville.craigslist.org/for/1781532715.html I like it, but I want it to have more feathers on the back of its head if ya know what I mean.

Choice 3: http://greenville.craigslist.org/grd/1738021237.html I love this, but like choice 1 I am not sure.

If links arent working tell me.

Last edited:
Tough one...If you're going for showiness, go for #3. However, I would say #1.

Is it possible to meet these birds (and people) in person? Birds live for a LONG time...you're going to want to be happy with your choice!
Good luck!
smile.png

The sun conure for a hundred bucks is a good buy. Just make sure the bird is healthy and of good temperment. My Sun Conure is very noisy, loves attention from ME only. She's very jealous of other people and other birds and will bite.

Sun conures are extremely loud for a small bird. I bet that's why the person is getting rid of him....

Choice 2 has his crest down. He could have just laid it flat for a second or he could be upset (crest down is often an early sign of aggression) that his picture was being taken.

If you had to choose, I'd go with option 1 but only if you get a chance to interact with the bird first. I'd pass if the current owner can't get the tiel to step up on his finger (telltale sign the bird isn't hand tame) unless of course you want to try taming the bird yourself...

I wanted to add all the birds I have I got for free. Even the Sun Conure....cage and all. Keep looking and you might find a better deal!

Quote:
The third one.. Is not a Sun Conure... Its a Jenday Conure... If it was a sun conure its wings would have more yellow less green and its tail wouldnt be so blue. I have a Jenday myself ad i love her so much. her name is Keekie :] and as will most birds shes is very attached to me (they get their one person). my boyfriend has a hard time with her wen im around because she doesnt want to sit with him she wants to sit with me! and i paid close to $500 for my bird so its very sad someone has to get rid of her when shes only a year old
sad.png
they live to be 50-80 if properly cared for. so get ready for some work with her if you do :] It might take some work if she is already attached to someone else
sad.png
but give it time and they are amazing birds. mines almost learned to talk
big_smile.png

I have had two cockatiels in the past--both of which were hand fed. They were terrific birds and we had both for several years. They can be very interactive. I trained both my birds to talk and do special whistles. I'm not very familiar with bird 3. Pic of second bird showed it was removed or flagged. I paid $75 for my latino (yellow) tiel in Florida, which I've been told is a very good price. I had a gray tiel before that and probably paid close to that price several years ago. I think $150 is high, even though the cage looks quite large. I recently saw Craig's List ads for cockatiels in my area for $40 for two birds including two cages, accessories, food, etc. Another ad had one gray and one latino for $60 including the cage. I think you could do better. Not sure if you've ever worked with cockatiels before. You might want to do a net search to get info on both birds to see which would be more suited to your personality, schedule, etc. If you get two cockatiels, they will interact more with each other and less with you. One generally will be more interactive with you. A lot depends on the current owners. Does the tiel interact more with a male, female. Do they take the bird out a lot or is it in the cage all the time. It's good to find out as much as you can up front. Even though birds are pretty and very enjoyable--we loved both our birds, it's good to consider how much time and energy you're willing to devote. Also, for upkeep, the birds beak and nails will need trimming and wings need cutting. You may already know all of this, but if not, hopefully it helps. If you go for the tiel, I'd hold out for a better deal or see if the seller would be willing to go down in price. I think you can do better.

Follow up to my last post. I looked at the pic of the cockatiel and cage again. It looked like there was another bird in the top of the cage. Did anyone else notice? I'm curious if that's the case why he's selling one and not both?? Just an observation. Might be a good question to ask. Also, he said he needs to sell fast, so you might be able to talk him down quite a bit on price.

Back
Top Bottom