Can you all show me your breeder pens and houses???????

buzzard chick

Songster
12 Years
Aug 17, 2007
Toms River, NJ
I'm trying to decide what way to go.
barnie.gif
I will be doing a complete revamp of my facilites and I'm trying to decide a plan fro the housing. Ithink I'm pretty sure what I'm doing as far as runs. I will need to house.

2 trios on bantam buff cochins
1 pair bantam white cochins
6 Standard laying hens (Cochins and Buff OrphintonX Buff leghorn)
6-8 babies to grow out

Thanks for any input I know this is a reoccuring subject but I'm most interested in those who eparate for breeding pures.
Jen

not sure what a breeder pen would consist of but i bet this bump up again might help get ya an answer........... mine just breed in my setup . the run and the coop. pic- on my page.

Bump... anyone? I'm pulling my hair out trying to design a breeder coop for 25 Dorkings, several silkies and several lt brahmas. Anyone have any suggestions, or tips as to what to avoid?

Here is one of mine I use for silkies when I want some of their eggs.

img_1623%20Small.jpg

And this is my grow out one I mainly use for broilers. The plywood flat on top isn't the best, but it was the easiest in order to get in and get the birds at the end.

img_1628%20Small.jpg

silkie chicken i really need to do something like that because my bigger girls are picking on my aduly frizzle hens so i need to separate them to prevent any further pecking.

We have just a couple of mixed n matched pens but here they are:

011500011609010302200803075318a4494.jpg

we're picking the one above up today, still unsure whats going in there

My dad will be building one more just like that this summer for our mille fleur d'uccles.

We also have one smaller that is housing our bantam barred rocks, I'll try to get a picture of it up later!

Back
Top Bottom